Kurdish Teenage Girl Stoned to Death

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Average Bohra

Kurdish Teenage Girl Stoned to Death

Unread post by Average Bohra » Sat May 19, 2007 11:54 pm

<p><a href="http://www.kurdishaspect.com/doc042607KA.html">A Kurdish teenager was stoned to death By her family </a></p>

This Kurdish girl's crime was to marry a Sunni. The video is very graphic and disturbing, especially watching men using cell phone cameras to tape the event and not a single one had the balls to come to her aid, including the so-called "security forces". What a shame....

anajmi

Re: Kurdish Teenage Girl Stoned to Death

Unread post by anajmi » Sun May 20, 2007 1:14 am

I guess the kurds are finally free to do under the Americans what they couldn't under Saddam.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Sun May 20, 2007 2:04 am

Anajmi,

This was not meant to induce debate , I was under the false assumption that the outrage would be universal.

Based on your response, I was mistaken; you would most likely be one of the ones video taping it.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun May 20, 2007 2:32 am

You are mistaken about pretty much everything else you have spoken about. I am outraged at what happened to that girl but the hypocrisy and disingenuousness involved in giving American atrocities that leave dozens of innocent women and children dead a free ride etc. etc.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Br. AB

Read properly before you cast stones.

Read this:

" Yezidi Kurdish community of MOSUL city killed a deserted (run away) teenager who’s only crime was running away and marry a Muslim man who she loved and later converted to his religious."

Yazdis considered themselves a seperate religion and hense they consider marriage between Yazdi and Muslim (does not matter Shaia or Sunni) forbidden act.

Howeever If somebody wants to marry out of cast or religon then one should let it happen.

Wasalaam

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue May 22, 2007 12:30 am

I could not watch the video. This is appalling. AB I wish you had not posted this. The sanctity of human life looses its value under religious and communal values. This kind of punishment should have no place in our lives. But yet, based on religious and communal chauvinism, it is condoned by the same people, who claim to represent god and community.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Tue May 22, 2007 12:49 am

Brother MF,

Please re-read my post and quote me where I was “casting stones”. You and Brother Anajmi are being overtly defensive here.

Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 22, 2007 2:16 am

accty,

I agree with you absolutely on this one. People who kill innocents deserve to die in the exact same way. People who order the deaths of innocents should die the exact same way. People who justify the deaths of innocents should die in exactly the same way. People who condone the deaths of innocents should die exactly in the same way. People who vote for people who consider the deaths of innocents as collateral damage should die in exactly the same way. If you are involved in any way or support in any way or justify in anyway, the deaths of innocents, then you deserve to die.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue May 22, 2007 1:31 pm

NO, I categorically do not fit into any of the above.

The problem with you is, you are entwined with your religious ideology, that you do not want to understand the simple things, you needed not to be defensive for this act, you are not the prepetrator, they were not mulsims (sunni). But just because, there is something in islam, similar to, so you felt duty bound to retaliate and defend.

For your information, stoning to death was first prescibed in torah, Mary was to be stoned to death, because according to jews she had concieved without marriage, but at the last moment, joseph, who married mary later announced that whe was bethroted to him. Islam also subscibed to the same legal code.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm

accty,

You should stop parroting the moron. I wasn't being defensive about anything. That is a mob of a thousand that killed that innocent girl. Mob mentality tends to do things like that at the height of emotion. Most people will go home and regret what they participated in. I am more concerned about one bomb which kills dozens and there is no room for regret.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed May 23, 2007 6:30 pm

Anjami
As I said before you are a MORON with CAPITAL M
Two wrongs do not make one right
USA aggrssion has been condemned worldwide and American Muslims and American public in on the forefront of this condemnation but you and your cohort MF have no guts to come out and atleast voice your opposition to this barbaric act without co-relating.
I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR HYPOCRATE COHORT MF TO LET ME KNOW WHY HE DIDNOT EXCUSE HIMSELF FROM THE PARTY OF SK MURTAZA WHO ACCORDKING TO HIM IS FOLLOWING DEVIANT FORM OF ISLAM. "DONNOT ROCK THE BOAT IS NOT AN ANSWER"

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu May 24, 2007 12:07 am

omabharti,

Please shut up and stop wasting time.

I OPPOSE THIS BARBARIC ACT WHERE THIS GIRL WAS KILLED.

There happy now? Freaking idiots!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 am

Besides if we are to apply your idiotic logic, then there are a lot of people on that thread who have already condemned this act.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu May 24, 2007 9:06 pm

Anajmi: You have to put your faith to logical analysis. It is very important for you to understand the currents and cross currents of the faith you believe in.

A christian is the one, who believes in christitanity, by believing in christianity, the person has neither gained or lost anything. He in a definitive term is a believer. Now the question arises, before believing in that particular faith, did he put it to logical srutiny, if he did not, then he is a blind believer, which majority of believers comprise of.

If he did put his faith to logical scrutiny, then there are two scenarios, one he found logic, other he did not find, now it is still upto him either to embrace or shun it in either case.

if he shuns the faith in case the faith does not pass the logic test, he shall be forever lost. Because faith will and can never pass the logical scrutiny.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 pm

accty,

Now since you claim to believe in Islam, can I safely say that Islam has passed your logical scrutiny? Or are you just one of the blind followers?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri May 25, 2007 6:05 pm

see, I never put it to the logical test. But I want you to do that, there is a reason, you do not question before believing, and you simply believe in what is said and heard. can you share with the me the results, once you start asking question, and the answeres you get.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri May 25, 2007 9:26 pm

accty,

I will let you do that. Once you get the answers let me know. Thanks.