My first encounter with Kothar

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
jamanpasand

My first encounter with Kothar

Unread post by jamanpasand » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:41 pm

My wife forced me to go for a safai chitti as we were traveling for Ziarat.
Prior to that all my wajebats were paid through one of our relative and I did not faced the kothar by myself. I must have faced them at misaq and nikah but I am sure there must be lots of assistance around and one on one opportunity may have never occurred.

Since this was the my first opportunity, I was very much like a freshman going for his first interview. I went with all the taslims that was freshly taught by my wife--- with all the politeness and humbleness. I give the Salam, which he grabbed quickly and then looked towards me and asked for the photographs. Me and my wife photographs were in total compliance with the Rida, topi and saya but the kids – aged 2 & 5 were in T-shirts.
The Bhaisaheb after grabbing the salam, refused the safia chitti because the kids photographs were not in komi – libas. I tried to convince him that I took them for the photographs while they were playing and I really did not have the opportunity for change.
He refused to bulge and I came back unsuccessful. Next day, we went to the photographer again and have kids photographed in Komi-Libas.

The funny part start now.

I was not too happy on my first encounter, so I told my wife that I am not going again.
This left her with no option other than going by herself. So she went to the same person while I waited outside. After taking the salam, he first glanced at her gold bangles
and asked her if she can contribute those bangles toward some donation that was going on at that time. Then he commented positively on how she was wearing the rida. Realizing this to be a good time she forwarded all the four photographs. He retains my and my wife photographs and returned the kids photograph back. My wife thought that there is still something missing. So she asked him the reason for this return. And do you know what he said?

Behan : Bacchoo na photo ni zurrurat nathi... ( Kids photograph is not required ).

That was my first and last encounter.

I am sure this hypocrisy and lies must be their daily routine.

accountability

Re: My first encounter with Kothar

Unread post by accountability » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:54 am

you know brother you were really blessed that they did not humilate you in front of lots of people, or did not say that tame maula ne mano cho ke nahin. and after that start all kinds of rubbish and abuses.

i will tell you one of my fellow was in one noth american city, it was in early ninties, one amil was there, syedna saheb was visiting that north american city, that fellow did not have dadi, he was asked why he does not grow his beard, it is a farman, upon this he said he had not heard maula saying that, the amil got infuriated, he grabbed his hand called all the people present there, bhaiyo, a maula ne sawal kare chey, he kept on saying, i was there too, public did not take much intrest, he kept on shouting, the fellow first got puzzled, what to do, then he called 911, that he is under threat, then someone from jamat told amil to let it go, beacuse if police comes, then there will be questions etc, they also pursuaded the fellow to cancel the call

Aleem

Unread post by Aleem » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:26 am

Accountability,

Interesting. What happened next?

I think this was in Detroit - am I correct?

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:11 pm

While a boycott of Bombay Merchantile Bank was going on its emplyee of managerial cader built a building "Al-Bunian" in Mazgaon, Bombay. They also constructed a big hall where they stared namaz, Jaman and Vaiz programs. One Ramadan suddenly a shahzada from Saifee Mahal came and started leading prayers and eating jaman. On third day he lead the prayer then while sitting on jaman thal he asked, "Aje Jaman kona taraf nu chhe?" (Who is hosting today's dinner?). Some one said it is from Mukhtarbhai. Shahzada said "Mukhtare Sayedna nu ghanu dil dukhayoo chhe, mafi nahi mange tiyar sudhi hoon nahi jamoo. ( Mukhtar has hurt Sayedna's heart and untill he aplogises I will not eat).
One of the retired manager of BMC came down. He caught Shahzada's neck and asked him "Who has called you hear?" Then he asked his son to phone police. The Sahzada ran away in his car and never came back.

jamanpasand

Unread post by jamanpasand » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:59 pm

This story comes from my late father in law. A very true believer of syedna, unlike the foul mouthed munafiq kotharis you find on this forum.

It was in one big city which I don’t what to identify, a bohra in a very senior government position died. He was a progressive and there was an official barat against him.
Because of his position, the Jamaat could not afford to boycott his burial. So they deputed the highest Kothari office holder to represent the jamaat in his burial. So when the ordinary bohras seen the jamaat official representation they followed them.
Next day, to their total astonishment they received a call from kothar to explain why they attended the burial. They told the Bhaisaheb, that janab we have seen you there first and because of that we followed.

Do you know what the bhai sehab said :

I was there for maslayhat ? But I want to know your reason.

So Dear Orthodox, take care while visiting this site without raza or be ready for a call from kothar.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:28 pm

Originally posted by Aleem:
Accountability,

Interesting. What happened next?

I think this was in Detroit - am I correct?
you know that.