Why Zehra Cyclewala was Outcasted from Dawoodi Bohra Communi

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
khuzema

Why Zehra Cyclewala was Outcasted from Dawoodi Bohra Communi

Unread post by khuzema » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 am

Is this True?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HGk4xnI8lA
I could not but stop my tears!

khuzema

Re: Why Zehra Cyclewala was Outcasted from Dawoodi Bohra Com

Unread post by khuzema » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 am

Can you answer her questions?

Why is she forced to quit her job? If credit society is haram, why did Syedna inaugurated the society.

Why are poor people forced to pay zakat, sabel and silo fitro?

Women were harassed till they pay money to TUS. This is just wrong. Even the Don's don't do this? As a dhram guru, he should help people and not harass them. Poor people who can't pay for silo fitro are forced to pay, at the time of death otherwise their burial rights are taken away. How can you say wahabies are bad? I don't see any different between this system and wahabi system.

And I salute this lady and her courage.

Sajauddin_Bagwala

Unread post by Sajauddin_Bagwala » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:19 am

Trader wrote:tears?

ROFL

u shud meet her personally, she resides in surat and has police protection. just check out her akhlaaq and business she does. :wink:
Trader,

Do you have any proof about her "akhlaaq" and "business she does"?

I will give you proof that "akhlaaq" of kothar is not-Islamic:
1. Burhanuddin sahib and Kothar gladly accept kisses and touches from NON-MEHRAM ladies over their hand, legs, fore-head!!!
2. Mazoon Yusuf Najmuddin was photo-shot with shaking hand with British womens (of course gher-mehram).
3. Sister of Burhanuddin Sahib, Mariyam Bai urf Mana Behen (w/o Yahaya Bhai sahab) was caught on photo be-naqaab, be-parda in front of American Meyor.

Trader Ji, aapke Kothar ka ghar kaanch ka he, doosro per paththar mat phenko; woh bhi bina saboot (kasoor) ke.

Zehra behen ke favour me court ne award diya he, aapka Kothar cases HAAR gaya he!

khuzema

Unread post by khuzema » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 am

Sajauddin_Bagwala wrote:Do you have any proof about her "akhlaaq" and "business she does"?
Regardless of what business she does and her akhlaaq, no one has right to force someone to leave a job and force her to pay any religious taxs. This is very sad story. In today's age also there are some people who do not have basic human rights. This is not just the fight of bohras, this is fight that every human being should undertake.

Brother Trader, it is shame that you are supporting this initiative that kills human rights. Do you think if Fatimid Imam's were with us, they should have appreciated any of this acts?

khuzema

Unread post by khuzema » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:41 am

Trader wrote:^ congrats to her on winning of court case :D, now lets see how it will effect dawoodi bohras.
I hope Bohra community get their basic human rights. Let's not treat humans like donkeys.

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 am

Trader wrote:
khuzema wrote: I hope Bohra community get their basic human rights. Let's not treat humans like donkeys.
my personal view about this zahra cycle wala is, she is big mouth,ignorant, and her mother have not teach her any etiquette or may be she never listened to her, the way she is speaking shows her character.
YOU FOOL,
How can you give your personal view.
We are followers of Mola. We are not allowed personal view. If Mola says she is bad then she is bad, No need of any proofs.This one sentence from Mola has destroyed the life of this woman.
Because dawaat na dushman should be beaten up whether man or woman.
She is lucky that she is not killed. May be her dead body will be thrown out on the road after she is buried like in the case of the Peerbhai lady in Mumbai.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Bro khuzema and Sajaudin_Bagwala,

Havent you heard the famous kothari phrase "Hamein je kahiye te karo, hamein je kariye ae na karo". They are hypocrites and people with double standards. Credit society/banks/interest income is HARAAM according to them and their teachings but various Dawat properties are leased out to banks, kothar itself took a hefty loan from Bombay Mercantile Co-op Bank Ltd to finance their imported offset printing machine for their unit M/s.Leaders Press P.Ltd, Mazgaon. Alcohol is HARAAM but the Dawat property: Glamour bldg, Arthur bunder road, Colaba, Mumbai has a number of tenants as WINE SHOPS. The late Shaukat Sarkar was clean shaven and had a bar in his hotel in bandra but that didnt stop the dai from accepting his ziafat, there are various Sheikhs who consume alcohol and of which the kothar is well aware of. The Ambassador Hotel at churchgate was once owned by the late Mukasir Salehbhai saab Safiuddin and late Yusuf Najmuddin (father-in-law of the 53rd dai, Mansoos Mufaddal bhaisaab) and it had a full fledged bar in it.

Hence 'Akhlaq' is a word alien to kothar.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 pm

A detailed report on Zehra Cyclewala was posted on the link below, its an interesting read :-

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... +cyclewala

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:43 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Bro khuzema and Sajaudin_Bagwala,

Havent you heard the famous kothari phrase "Hamein je kahiye te karo, hamein je kariye ae na karo". They are hypocrites and people with double standards. Credit society/banks/interest income is HARAAM according to them and their teachings but various Dawat properties are leased out to banks, kothar itself took a hefty loan from Bombay Mercantile Co-op Bank Ltd to finance their imported offset printing machine for their unit M/s.Leaders Press P.Ltd, Mazgaon. Alcohol is HARAAM but the Dawat property: Glamour bldg, Arthur bunder road, Colaba, Mumbai has a number of tenants as WINE SHOPS. The late Shaukat Sarkar was clean shaven and had a bar in his hotel in bandra but that didnt stop the dai from accepting his ziafat, there are various Sheikhs who consume alcohol and of which the kothar is well aware of. The Ambassador Hotel at churchgate was once owned by the late Mukasir Salehbhai saab Safiuddin and late Yusuf Najmuddin (father-in-law of the 53rd dai, Mansoos Mufaddal bhaisaab) and it had a full fledged bar in it.
Hence 'Akhlaq' is a word alien to kothar.
So what if the father in law of our Mansoos Mola was running a bar?
What is your problem,
He is mansoos, He is son of dai and his father inlaw was the son of dai and also brother of Dai. All is forgiven. We are mere normal mortals and we are called RAYET, The children of MOla are blessed by Allah himself and what is Haraam to us is halaal to them. This is why they can run bars and serve alcohol, But if we normal people do the same thing then we would end up drinking the stck ourselves. We normal mortal do not have the capacity to run bars and wine shops. It is the privelage of Qasre AAli. They have enough ilm to run alcohol business without using it for personal purpose,
Howvere you can try by sending an arzi to open a wine shop.
MOLA Mamsoos is great and the bar of his sasra is also great.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:18 pm

The Telegraph - October 08, 2004

FIGHT ON, WITHOUT FAITH OR FRIENDS

Basant Rawat

Ahmedabad, Oct. 7: Zehra Cyclewala is not a born rebel. She became one after a fatwa (religious decree) was issued nearly 20 years ago to "break her will''. But the 47-year-old is made of sterner stuff and has continued to defy the fatwa all these years.

Forced to fight for her survival, Zehra has emerged as a flagbearer of reform within her orthodox Dawoodi Bohra community that ostracised her for challenging the supreme religious leader, Syedna Muhammed Burhanuddin.

The Mumbai-based Syedna who belongs to Surat virtually regulates the lives of every member of the community.

Zehra's struggle began in 1985 when the supreme leader issued a fatwa ordering his followers to give up their jobs and withdraw money from banks that charge interest on loans, considered a "sin'' and "un-Islamic''.

Although her fellow Bohras resigned from the managing committee of the Saif Cooperative Credit Society where she worked as a manager, Zehra refused, saying she had no other means of livelihood.

The refusal marked her out as the first Bohra woman to defy Syedna's decree in Surat and probably the first anywhere to do so.

Zehra was ready to quit her job if the leader helped her find a new one. But when she asked the Bohra elders to find her a job, she was told to have faith in God. "But that would not have helped me as I had to look after my ailing mother,'' she said.

Some community members began to harass her, getting her demoted from manager to junior clerk. But Zehra did not give up and fought a legal battle to get reinstated. When a court ruled in her favour, indignant community members boycotted her. Even her brothers and sisters deserted her when she could have dearly done with their support.

Zehra's mother, who always stood by her and shared her woes, died in 1991. Her body was taken to the burial ground, but some Bohras objected, not willing to allow last rites to be performed for her as she had supported Zehra.

There was no end to the manager's harassment. She was dubbed a "non-believer'' and some of Syedna's rabid followers would spit on her. Zehra would be chased and hounded; she was greeted with the choicest abuses when she stepped out and no Bohra would speak to her.

Fearing for life and bombarded with threats, Zehra sought and received police protection in 1995.

With a tinge of sadness she said: "Today, I have no friends in my (Bohra) community. I do have Hindu and Muslim friends, but no one from my community.''

But Zehra has no regrets. "Yes, after my mother's death, I am leading a lonely life. But I am happy that I have inspired many women who have been victims of injustice in my community. Whenever they call me up, they get instant justice as the community does not want another Zehra,'' she said.

Zehra was recently in London to attend the reformist Dawoodi Bohra conference where her biography One Against All was released by British MP Tim Boswells.

The 146-page book chronicles her story - that of a B.Com graduate who was forced to take up cudgels against society. Her rousing story is still unfolding.

As Zehra took on Syedna, reformist Bohras settled abroad took note of her struggle. She has been invited to many countries to tell her story of how a single woman could resist the might of the community and battle against their tyranny.

In all this, Zehra, who chose to remain unmarried as she realised she was too liberal and educated for the men of her community, has one question for Syedna who has rented out large property in his hometown Surat. The fearless manager asked: "If the income from rent is okay, how is that the interest (from income) is a sin?"

olum

Unread post by olum » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:54 am

poor she :(
but unfortunately when ever I do her face reading my studies says some thing else, she looks so corrupt, manipulated and disgusted, wallaho alam.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 am

Interest is haram, working in the bank is haram, anything related to bank and interest is haraam !

Even today many bohra boys and girls are becoming chartered accountant and working with MNC banking corporations. CA or any other qualifications, they are working with banks in various capacities. What action is taken against them ?

Jamaat property in Pune is rented to Bank of Baroda ! how and why ?

Recently in the Ramadan Sabak, it was conveyed that Insurance too is haraam and instead mumin should keep aside nazar mukaam (which eventually goes to Kothari piggy banks). Now the question is. To live in Kuwait it is compulsory to have medical insurance paid to stamp visas. Now how does that fit into preaching of the kothar.

“Respect law of the land and Insurance is Haraam” quite a dilemma !!

Are there any fatwas / farmaans against any MNC banks ! why pick a local cooperative bank which was under the influence of Kothari inc. Jahaa dadagiri chali wahaa chalaai. In front of big guns !! Bheegi Billi !!

Before getting angry and spitting abuses ! think about it !! it shows shallow and sinister attitude of vested interest in our community. Any normal person should give a thought about such atrocities, unless one is a beneficiary of the loot or downright insensitive.

Children and relatives of Kothari inc would find such news and discussion blasphemous as it affects their comfort zones.

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:05 am

Dawat maari lootai che,
Fatemi izzat Pitaai che.
Su thayu mari qaum ne?
Maula maara vechaay che!
Bank no kiraayo Halal thayo,
Banker bicharo halaak thayo.
Baccha o ne bhuka raakh jo,
Pan Maula ni vaat maan jo.

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 am

mnoorani wrote:Dawat maari lootai che,
Fatemi izzat Pitaai che.
Su thayu mari qaum ne?
Maula maara vechaay che!
Maula ni vaat maan jo
Bacchao ne bhuka rakh jo
Bukh to jaldi hali jasey
Naafarman mnoorani bani jasey
Qabar ma keera kaap se
MNoorani ni jo waat maan say

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 am

pheonix wrote:
mnoorani wrote:Dawat maari lootai che,
Fatemi izzat Pitaai che.
Su thayu mari qaum ne?
Maula maara vechaay che!
Maula ni vaat maan jo
Bacchao ne bhuka rakh jo
Bukh to jaldi hali jasey
Qabar ma keera kaap se

Mola Ni vaat maan jo
Daru ni dukaan khol jo
Aa sunnat che emna bhai ni
Muffy mola na sasra ni
Mazun jem harkat karje
actress saathe nahaaje
Mukasir no amal kar
yahudi saathe nikah kar

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm

pheonix wrote:Maula ni vaat maan jo
Bacchao ne bhuka rakh joBukh to jaldi hali jasey
Qabar ma keera kaap se
Qabar ma keera kaap se
Ane pehla RUKU CHTHI khaase.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:17 pm

Very well said GM. And without the ruku chitthi the bohras are going to land in hell.