Beard in Islam

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
ghulam muhammed

Battle for Beard set to get Bigger.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:18 pm

BATTLE FOR BEARD SET TO GET BIGGER.

Muslim organisations are up in arms over an alleged comment on Monday by a Supreme Court judge, who reportedly cited "Talibanisation" while turning down a Muslim student's plea to sport a beard in school. Now, the debate over the Muslim beard -- commonly considered an Islamic virtue rather than an immutable tenet - has come full circle.

The Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind, a Muslim mass organisation, filed a broader case last month in the highest court, angling for a far-reaching ruling to allow Muslims to keep beards unconditionally, like Sikhs. The Jamiat case is likely to be one of the most fascinating courtroom duels over an Islamic emblem outside the Muslim world.

Here's why. It is not often that an Indian civil case rests largely on the validity of anecdotes from the Islamic world.

Evidence in support of the beard ranges from 1,000-year-old Islamic injunctions from the Hadith (Prophetic traditions) to the Hukum ul Islam, a famous treatise in Arabic. The English translation was specially procured from London's Dar At-Tawheed Publications.

"Our contention is that it is essential for Muslims to keep a beard in the light of the texts and traditions," Anis Suhrawardy, the lawyer representing Jamiat leader Arshad Madani said. Just in case the court rules in favour of the Jamiat, India could become the first non-Muslim country to uphold the Muslim's unfettered right to sport a beard.

Few Muslims think that keeping a beard could amount to supporting the Taliban's extremist character. "I don't dispute a particular judgement but if keeping a beard is akin to being a Taliban, I am proud to be one," Jamiat leader Mahmood Madani told HT. Two previous cases over a right to keep a beard, both involving employees in the armed forces, prompted the special leave petition filed by the Jamiat.

In defence organisations, a person is allowed a beard if it was sported on joining service. Most Muslims agree that the beard has great religious significance but it is commonly treated as non-essential.

murtazm

Beard in Islam

Unread post by murtazm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:19 am

Dear Brothers,
What I need to understand is that what is the ruling for beard in Islam (not Dawoodi Bohras per se).
I found from the internet that the beard length should not be less than fist length, but what I don't understand is the grooming aspect.
From which parts of the face can we remove the hair (below lower lips / cheeks / neck / etc). I couldn't find anything on these as per shariah.

Does anyone have any idea? I want to grow my beard as per shariah, but don't want to look shabby. As far as I know, even Rasulullah (SAW) said that men should groom their facial hair to look attractive.

Murtaza

Al Zulfiqar

Re: Beard in Islam

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:34 pm

deen mein daadhi hai, daadhi mein deen nahi.

as for not letting it look shabby:
1. you should regularly wash your daadhi with Wheel detergent to which extra soda bicarb has been added.
2. visit a pet grooming store atleast twice a month and ask for the abde bohra trim.
3. apply roghan e baadaam to the beard everyday and use an afro comb to tease and straighten your tresses.
4. once every 3 months treat your daadhi with lice-ol and selsun shampoo to prevent lice and dandruff build-up.
5. lastly, compare and model your daadhi alongwith muffy mola's. his pictures are freely available on the internet and in shops around raudat tahera.

yours in tonsorial freedom,

jebeli bohra.

HumzaAli

Unread post by HumzaAli » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Rasulullah(s) never wanted to see his followers in pathetic shabby looks.....

murtazm

Unread post by murtazm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 am

Al Zulfikar: I thought this forum had genuine people who care about Islam, and are there to highlight the misleadings of Bohras. But, on seeing your reply, I guess we have crazy fools too in this forum who don't care about anything but to criticize. The hell with you.

murtazm

Unread post by murtazm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:deen mein daadhi hai, daadhi mein deen nahi.

1. you should regularly wash your daadhi with Wheel detergent to which extra soda bicarb has been added.
2. visit a pet grooming store atleast twice a month and ask for the abde bohra trim.
3. apply roghan e baadaam to the beard everyday and use an afro comb to tease and straighten your tresses.
4. once every 3 months treat your daadhi with lice-ol and selsun shampoo to prevent lice and dandruff build-up.
5. lastly, compare and model your daadhi alongwith muffy mola's. his pictures are freely available on the internet and in shops around raudat tahera.

jebeli bohra.
Al Zulfikar: I thought this forum had genuine people who care about Islam, and are there to highlight the misleadings of Bohras. But, on seeing your reply, I guess we have crazy fools too in this forum who don't care about anything but to criticize. The hell with you.

HumzaAli

Unread post by HumzaAli » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:20 am

Murtaza why are u getting angry on Al zulfiqar?

even 3 year old muslim kid knows ruling about the beard, and even common sense says no prophet would like to see his followers in shabby ugly looks.

if u was not aware of this basic ruling, go get angry on ur amils and not on this forum members.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 am

That's the best and most insightful answer. As long as you think further.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 pm

murtazm wrote: The hell with you.
i heartily reciprocate your wishes and multiply it by a thousand fold.

wa alaikum al laanat, wa laanatulaahi wa vajahaato...!

murtazm

Unread post by murtazm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
murtazm wrote: The hell with you.
i heartily reciprocate your wishes and multiply it by a thousand fold.

wa alaikum al laanat, wa laanatulaahi wa vajahaato...!

that's all you are capable of doing ....all the best

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 am

and all you are capable of doing is growing a beard. what about asking how to be a good human being and muslim? did your amil not have a reply that you came here withour raza to ask reformists?

MunkirNakir

Unread post by MunkirNakir » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:29 pm

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 am

jebeli bohra.
So AZ suffering from Dari envy after his childhood episode of penis envy. I guess both are related. AZ, grow some and grow some. Maybe you can't :D

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 19, 2013 9:23 am

So AZ suffering from Dari envy after his childhood episode of penis envy. I guess both are related. AZ, grow some and grow some. Maybe you can't :D
pheonix
So all the kotharis should have their p----s hanging out of their Izzar as you have put a relation between Dadhi and P---s and NOW I KNOW WHY ALL THE AAMILS AND ZADAAS WITH LONG BEARD ARE ALWAYS LUSTING AFTER BEHNO WITH PRIVATE BETHAK :mrgreen:

HumzaAli

Unread post by HumzaAli » Sun May 19, 2013 9:32 am

I had long mullah dhadi, but then I realized ALLAH subhanu has granted me such a handsome look, why I shud look ugly with shabby bakra looks and go against the nature, now I keep dhadi according to ISLAMIC law and ALHUMDOLILLAH, my wife is really happy with it.

so I am sure my prophet Muhammed(s) and my rab ALLAH is also happy with me.

HumzaAli

Unread post by HumzaAli » Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 am

kothar strategically wants to make you look ugly, so that your moral and confident remains low and you never dare to raise your voice...

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue May 21, 2013 3:03 am

SBM wrote:
pheonix
So all the kotharis should have their p----s hanging out of their Izzar as you have put a relation between Dadhi and P---s and NOW I KNOW WHY ALL THE AAMILS AND ZADAAS WITH LONG BEARD ARE ALWAYS LUSTING AFTER BEHNO WITH PRIVATE BETHAK :mrgreen:

Seriously man, you are sick.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue May 21, 2013 7:06 am

kfc,

only you, phoenix, ammar, progticide and some others in your fraternity who are in permanent sajda to mola and bark in dawat ni zabaan while doing purjosh maatam are normal. everyone else here is sick.

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Tue May 21, 2013 7:08 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:kfc,

only you, phoenix, ammar, progticide and some others in your fraternity who are in permanent sajda to mola and bark in dawat ni zabaan while doing purjosh maatam are normal. everyone else here is sick.
Yeah AZ, a bit of hormone therapy will go a long way with growing a tiny little stubble.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 am

pheonix wrote:

Yeah AZ, a bit of hormone therapy will go a long way with growing a tiny little stubble.
Sp all the Zadaas-Aamils and Abdes must be on Hormone therapy as they have long beards or is it artificial :mrgreen:

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 am

SBM wrote:
pheonix wrote: Yeah AZ, a bit of hormone therapy will go a long way with growing a tiny little stubble.
Sp all the Zadaas-Aamils and Abdes must be on Hormone therapy as they have long beards or is it artificial :mrgreen:
Well unlike AZ, who has a (ahem) disability, they can grow it naturally.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 pm

i may not be normal but i am certainly not perverted like you.

i dont go around smelling peoples armpits, biting them on the ass, checking if they have peed in their pajamas etc...
that behavior and tendancies are reserved for you

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu May 23, 2013 1:57 pm

well, thanks for admitting you are not normal.

after all, how can a guy who does sajdas to a human being, singing sajda tujhe wajib hai etc and 'loving' his dai, doing purjosh maatam after which his mola goes on shikar trips, demands gold on his birthday, not just for himself but also for his delusional freak of a son, be normal? how can a guy who fraternises with junglee dadhi abdes and provides tacit encouragement to their vulgar comments about hormones etc be normal??

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu May 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:well, thanks for admitting you are not normal.

after all, how can a guy who does sajdas to a human being, singing sajda tujhe wajib hai etc and 'loving' his dai, doing purjosh maatam after which his mola goes on shikar trips, demands gold on his birthday, not just for himself but also for his delusional freak of a son, be normal? how can a guy who fraternises with junglee dadhi abdes and provides tacit encouragement to their vulgar comments about hormones etc be normal??

Thanks for admitting that you are a pervert

after all, how can a guy who talks of biting people on their ass, who goes around peeking at peoples izzar to see if they are yellow or white, who wants to smell people armpits and who is facinated by the backsides of men and gets kicks by getting people to 'like' his silly posts about his vulgar comments etc be anything but perverted??

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu May 23, 2013 3:18 pm

getting desperate and panicky now, eh, zinger? flinging whatever comes at hand, wetting your hizaar, eh zinger?

now be a good boy and go back to loving that money-loving mola and doing sajdas to him... and your community of forward thinking and liberal abdes.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Sun May 26, 2013 11:58 am

Why don't the kothar tell Gulam Noon to grow a beard?

Sikander

Unread post by Sikander » Sun May 26, 2013 12:18 pm

DB-Londoner wrote:Why don't the kothar tell Gulam Noon to grow a beard?
kothar dont have balls to do that....

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Sikander wrote:
DB-Londoner wrote:Why don't the kothar tell Gulam Noon to grow a beard?
kothar dont have balls to do that....
Why not? They have balls to do much worse!

think

Unread post by think » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 pm

oh my god ,who is this guy freak and where is this photo taken